Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease an 8-inch round springform pan.
Measure out the soy milk and apple cider vinegar to curdle while making the topping.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of brown sugar ( I prefer dark brown sugar)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup canola oil
- Mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Drizzle in canola oil by the tablespoon at a time while using your fingers or a fork to mash together until crumbs form.
- Some of the topping is still going to be sandy but majority should be in big clumps.
3/4 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl mix together soy milk, sugar, canola oil, and vanilla (all the wet ingredients).
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt until smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle topping and pat down.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.
- Let cool for an hour.